Tuesday, November 01, 2005

So I'm Swiss. I know, who knew? Let me explain:

I was in a store yesterday buying a Swiss Army Knife (they were out there on the street and I couldn't help myself), and when talking to the lady in the store, she asked me if I was Swiss. Nope. Dutch? Nein. So far, I have been Schwäbisch, Danish, Dutch, and Swiss. No Austria, but give it time. Something about my German accent must sound like something out of the southern end of the German-speaking World, I don't know. I listen to the Swiss, Austrians, and the Schwäbisch on TV and always think how I could never sound like that, but I guess I do.

I was disappointed at first, but at least I'm not an American right away....I come from the right continent at least. Whoohoo! Truth is, oral comprehension has sky-rocketed, speaking still needs some work. Maybe I should go to Zürich; I have family there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home