Wednesday, September 21, 2005

This actually isn't interesting, but I thought I'd mention that I'm actually reading "A Brave New World" for class. What, I ask, is up with that? True, I offered to read it so I could help a teacher do her Leistungskurs (grade 13) unit on it, but someone tell where I got on the time machine back to High School.

On a more mature topic, toilets here are interesting. The flush pressure is great first of all. Hell, if you had a cat you didn't like, just drop them down a Teutonic Toilet, flush and forget; that cat would be on its way to Die Scheißanlage before you could count to drei....OK, so I made that word up, but it still works. It means "shit complex" by the way. What I don't fancy is the ledge. That's right, there's a ledge, a shelf if you will, on which your....well, you know, will rest. If you're lucky, it will leave when you flush. IF YOU'RE LUCKY! Christ, it's disgusting. It wouldn't bother me if I could find some reason for it, like if it helped with pressure, but like I've said, there's no problem with that. It must be some kind of punishment. Someone I met in Altenberg thought maybe it had something to do with self diagnosis of medical problems, and given the absolute disgustingness of the design, I'll take anything as long as it explains it away. UGH. What I wouldn't give for a deep, dark hole.

I guess I should say here that I really do like my time here in Germany, but I save the odd things I laugh at to share with everyone else, which, in this case, is poo. But if I were anywhere else, I'd still find stuff like this to laugh at, because it's what I do. Awesome. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home